Transfer In

Students who wish to transfer into Brawley Elementary should contact their District of Residence and file an Interdistrict transfer request. Your District of Residence will send the Interdistrict transfer form to Brawley Elementary.

Transfer Out

Students who live within the boundaries of Brawley Elementary and would like to attend school in another District.

Justifiable Reasons:

  1. When the student has been determined, through an investigation by either the district of residence or district of proposed enrollment, to be a victim of an act of bullying as defined in Education Code 48900(r).

  2. To meet the child care needs of the student, only as long as the student’s child care provider remains within district boundaries.

  3. To meet the student’s special mental or physical health needs as certified by a physician, school psychologist, or other appropriate school personnel.

  4. When the student has a sibling attending school in the receiving district, to avoid splitting the family’s attendance.

  5. To allow the student to complete a school year when the student’s parents/guardians have moved out of the district during that year.

  6. To allow the student to remain with a class graduating that year from an elementary or middle school.

  7. When the parent/guardian provides written evidence that the family will be moving into the district in the immediate future and would like the student to start the school year in the district.

  8. When recommended by the school attendance review board or by county child welfare, probation, or social service agency staff in documented cases of serious home or community problems which make it inadvisable for the student to attend the school of residence.

The Superintendent or designee may deny initial requests for interdistrict attendance permits due to limited district resources, overcrowding of school facilities at the relevant grade level, or other considerations that are not arbitrary. However, once a student is admitted, the district shall not deny continued attendance because of overcrowded facilities at the relevant grade level.

Application Instructions

Please email completed Interdistrict Petition with supporting documentation to or mail to BESD, 261 D Street, Brawley, CA 92227.

  • The window to accept Interdistrict Petitions for the following school year will begin February 1st

  • If you are requesting to transfer into BESD you will also need to complete an Interdistrict Attendance, Academic and Behavior Contract.

  • Submit supporting documents for reason requested:

    • Childcare – Child Care Affidavit or Receipt from Child Care Agency

    • Employment – Pay Stub, letter verifying employment, work ID

    • Specialized Program – Proof that the student has been accepted to specialized program

    • Sibling – copy of sibling’s most recent report card or progress report

  • Approval is contingent on space availability

Administrative Regulation 5117 - CLICK HERE

Board Policy 5117 - CLICK HERE

Contrato de Asistencia Spanish - CLICK HERE

Interdistrict Attendance Academic, Behavior Contract English - CLICK HERE

Interdistrict Petition Application English - CLICK HERE

Interdistrict Transfer Website Information - CLICK HERE

Solicitude de Permiso Asistencia Interdistritial Spanish - CLICK HERE